begins friday, October 19th at the Delray Beach Children's Garden
Join us for an enriching nature-based experience in Spanish and English for children ages 2-4. Offering hands-on early childhood activities and using a model of parental cooperation, this exciting new class will empower families to embrace bilingualism and immerse children in an interactive dual-language play group.
Bilingual Nature Play program is facilitated by native Spanish speakers Fernanda Wolfson, Govinda Bilges and Paula Wasserman and will meet on Friday's from 9:00 am - 10:45 am.
Parent/Caregiver participation is required for this class.
program Features & Guidelines
Spanish-speaking/multilingual households have increased exponentially in the United States, and many monolingual parents have shown interest in exposing their children to foreign languages from an early age. This bilingual nature play program seeks to provide an enriching, flexible,
nature-based experience for young children. Using an emergent curriculum, developmentally appropriate practices, and a model of parental cooperation, this program aims to empower families to embrace bilingualism, with the added benefit of making new friends and enjoying the garden.
- Created for children ages 2-4 and their parent/caregiver.
- Each day hands-on activities will be facilitated in Spanish/English and learning tools, curriculum and supplies will be provided.
- Water and Snack provided at each session.
- Please bring your child a change of clothes.
- Parent/Caregiver participation required. All adults take an active role in observing and discerning their child's interests and supporting them to engage in the learning activities.
Application & ENROLLMENT
- Weekly class (1 Child): $20 each
- Weekly Class (1 Sibling): $10 each
- 20% off for Members
- Please submit an application using the form below to be registered in the program. You will receive confirmation of enrollment before October 5.
- Space is limited. Once enrolled, please register in advance for your class online to secure your spot in the class.
- 2018 Holidays: Bilingual Nature Play will not be meeting on the following Fridays - November 23, December 21, December 28.
Enrollment will be announced via email on October 5th.
To confirm your placement, please use the link emailed to you to process a payment for a class.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DBCG Director Christina Nicodemou directly at email@example.com or (561) 463-2528.
Born and raised in Colombia, this native Spanish speaker is Medical Laboratory Scientist. Paula has worked in microbiology, fertility, and transplant laboratory. Paula also worked as a bilingual translator and interpreter between patients and healthcare professionals.
Paula and her husband Maurice welcomed their first child, Oliver, on August 15, 2016. Since then, she has taken a break from science to focus on raising Oliver. A recent resident of Delray, she and Oliver enjoy classes and play at DBCG and Paula is passionate about speaking Spanish to Oliver and sharing her native language with other children. She believes sharing multiple languages with young children is a gift and also improves mental development as well as increases awareness of the world and diversity of cultures that surround us.